Greetings Alumni and Supporters,
My name is Burt Rowe. I was elected to serve as your Tuskegee National Alumni Association, Inc. (TNAA) President for the next two years. The election was held during our 18th Biennial Convention in Cincinnati, Ohio. I am deeply humbled to have been relected to this most prestigious position. I have been working very hard since over the past 2 years to put in place a very talented TNAA leadership team that will have a positive impact on Tuskegee University Alumni, Students, Faculty, Administration and Staff.
For those of you who do not know me, I graduated from Tuskegee (Institute) University with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering in 1970. (To the younger alumni: Yes, some of us went through college without the internet or smart phones). I also earned a Master of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from North Carolina State University in 1977. I retired as a Senior Executive with a large telecommunication company in 2007. As a Tuskegee Alumnus, I have provided leadership over the past several years for local Alumni Clubs, the North Central Region of TNAA, and the Tuskegee University Engineering Alumni Association (TUEAA).
My goal over the next two years is to continue to “Protect the Legacy of Tuskegee University and to Build a Stronger, Independent and a stronger TNAA.” To realize this goal, we must continue to do the following:
- Grow the membership in TNAA from 1,300 to 3,000 by June 2018;
- Increase the number of alumni that are contributing to the University from 10.3% to 20% by June of 2019;
- Work with the TNAA Executive Board to put in place groundbreaking fund raising activities that will provide much needed funds for academic scholarships as well as operational monies;
- Increase the alumni monetary contribution from $2.3 Million/year to $5 Million/year by June of 2020;
- Put in place a strong alumni support program that will focus on maintaining living and learning facilities at the University;
- Develop a single ‘Golden Alumni Data Base’ that will include accurate and complete information for over 23,000 alumni. Target completion date is 2/20;
- Provide innovative student recruitment tools for Local Alumni Clubs.
I would be remiss in my duties if I did not thank all of our alumni for the many and various contributions they have made to Tuskegee (Institute) University over the years. Our alumni provide the spirit and wisdom to Tuskegee University that keep the brand shining bright to current and prospective students and their families. Over the past few weeks, I have felt the incredible passion that our alumni have for “Mother Tuskegee.”
I consider the Presidency of TNAA an honor because I will be representing all Alumni of our Alma Mater. I look forward to it. To that end, if you have any topics to discuss with me, please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you in advance for your support during my next two-year term as your President. I will be traveling to as many alumni receptions and events as possible. It is my intention to reach out to alumni throughout the country. Most of all, I am looking forward to meeting and working with all of you, Tuskegee Alumni.